Print

Police reopen investigation into Andrew Tate sex abuse allegations

Andrew Tate and brother charged with rape according to The Telegraph

GB News Channel, UK/March 26, 2026

By Marcus Donaldson

Hertfordshire Constabulary investigated claims dating back to 2015 but closed the case in 2019

An investigation into sex abuse allegations against Andrew Tate has been reopened, Hertfordshire Constabulary has confirmed.

Several women have accused the controversial influencer of rape, sexual assault, coercive control and physical abuse dating from 2013–2015.

Hertfordshire Constabulary investigated claims dating back to 2015 but closed the case in 2019 after the Crown Prosecution Service said there was insufficient evidence to charge.

The force said in a statement: "Hertfordshire Constabulary can confirm that a decision has been made to reinvestigate allegations made by women between 2014 and 2015 relating to rape and sexual assault offences.

"We are committed to doing what is right and ensuring that allegations of such a serious nature are properly, thoroughly and fully investigated, no matter how long ago they occurred.

"At this early stage it would be inappropriate to comment any further.

"Hertfordshire Constabulary continues to be committed to tackling violence against women and girls.

Andrew Tate has previously denied all charges made against him.

It comes after the UK’s police watchdog launched an inquiry into how Hertfordshire Constabulary dealt with the claims made against Andrew Tate by three women.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct confirmed it is examining the force's handling of reports that were closed in 2019 after a four-year investigation.

Two former detective sergeants who oversaw the case are also under scrutiny for potential misconduct.

The IOPC stated its investigation commenced after Hertfordshire Constabulary made a voluntary conduct referral in December 2023.

Through their legal representatives, the three accusers released a joint statement on Wednesday expressing appreciation for the watchdog's intervention.

"We are grateful that the IOPC has taken steps to investigate potential issues with how our reports were handled," they said.

"From the beginning, all we have wanted is for our cases and the evidence to be fully and fairly considered by those with the power to do so.

"The women have now brought their claims to the High Court alongside a fourth complainant, with all four alleging the social media influencer subjected them to sexual violence.

They have also brought their claims to the High Court alongside a fourth complainant, with all four alleging the social media influencer subjected them to sexual violence.

Mr Tate has consistently rejected all allegations in the strongest terms, with his spokesperson confirming he will fully engage with any proper legal process as he has always done.

His lawyer, Andrew Ford, noted that no concerns about the investigating officer were raised until six years after the inquiry into the allegations were concluded.

"There are no specifics given regarding the issue taken with the officer who had conduct of the case," he added.

To see more documents/articles regarding this group/organization/subject click here.

Educational DVDs and Videos