Welcome to The Cult Education Institute
An Internet archive of information about cults, destructive cults, controversial groups and movements. The Cult Education Institute (CEI), formerly known as the Ross Institute of New Jersey, is a nonprofit public resource with a vast archive that contains thousands of individual documents. CEI on-line files include news stories, research papers, reports, court documents, book excerpts, personal testimonies and hundreds of links to additional relevant resources. This Internet archive is well-organized for easy access and reference. More
News and Opinion
How do you deprogram a Scientologist?As people become more aware of the bad behavior of Scientology through press reports, books and documentaries, some families and individuals directly affected by the organization may be asking, "How do I get someone out?"Moreover, former members of Scientology struggling to unravel what they perceive as its embedded programming... More
- Laicized Polish priest gets seven years in jail for child sexual abuse
- Catholic priest, ex-EWTN TV host, fathered child; he's now in custody fight, accused of abuse
- Germany bans extremist Islamist group 'Tauhid Germany'
- Remembering the West Hampstead 'holy man' and his cult of women
- Former Palmerston North 'cult' members tell of emotional scars
- Massey University warns off 'cult-like' church
- Former pastor speaks out on 'cult' claims
- Three Russians arrested in Uzbekistan for creating religious sect
- Salt Lake City has 7th-highest rate of LGBT population in U.S.
- At Full Circle church in Venice, picking up where earlier seekers left off