Welcome to The Cult Education Institute
An Internet archive of information about cults, destructive cults, controversial groups and movements. The Cult Education Institute (CEI), formerly known as the Ross Institute of New Jersey, is a nonprofit public resource with a vast archive that contains thousands of individual documents. CEI on-line files include news stories, research papers, reports, court documents, book excerpts, personal testimonies and hundreds of links to additional relevant resources. This Internet archive is well-organized for easy access and reference. More
News and Opinion
South Korean 'cult' JMS recruiting students at US universitiesBy Mallory Miller
Austin, Texas -- Sophomore college student Sabrina Smith was recruited at University of Texas to join a Korean Christian group often called a "cult" under the impression it was just an innocent bible study. Stephanie Hsu, a member of the group, 'Jesus Morning Star,' grabbed Smith's attention... More
- Scientology lawyer: Confrontations with defector were 'peaceful protests'
- Texas couple takes Scientology to court
- Judges in two cases reject Scientology efforts to disqualify opposing lawyers
- In Texas lawsuit, judge orders Scientology and its leader to stop harassment
- Canada adds two Islamist groups to terror list
- Al-Qaida revives old fears with more bombings in Iraq
- U.S. forces strike in Libya, Somalia, capture al Qaeda operative
- Al-Qaida-linked rebels claim Syria killings
- Smoke pours from Kenya mall as forces 'close in'
- Mosque leader compares being gay to paedophilia and murder