A look at key figures in the Tate-LaBiannca murders
30 years ago
The Associated Press/August 8, 1999
A look at key figures in the Charles Manson cult:
- Charles Manson, 64, incarcerated in protective housing unit at Corcoran
State Prison, receives more mail than any prisoner in the United States.
- Susan Atkins, 51, held at California Institution for Women at Frontera,
recently married a Harvard law school graduate, her second marriage since
she went to prison. Next parole hearing in 2000.
- Patricia Krenwinkel, 51, imprisoned at California Institution for
Women at Frontera. Chose not to appear at last parole hearing in 1997. Next
hearing in 2002.
- Leslie Van Houten, 49, a prisoner at the California Institution for
Women at Frontera, considered the most likely to win parole. Last parole hearing
was delayed after she complained about her case being covered on Web sites
- Charles "Tex" Watson, 54, recently moved to Mule Creek State Prison
in Northern California, became a minister in prison and fathered four children.
Wife and family live near the prison where she operates their Web site.
- Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme, 51, convicted of attempting to assassinate
President Gerald L. Ford and sentenced to life in prison. She is a federal
prisoner at Carswell, Tex.
- Sandra Good, 55, convicted of conspiracy to mail threatening letters
in 1976, served time in federal prison and was released. She moved to Hanford,
Calif., near the prison where Manson is housed. She is forbidden to visit
him but maintains his Web site.
To see more documents/articles regarding this group/organization/subject